Friday, October 24, 2008

Invitation sneak-peek

So yesterday I mentioned that Tim & April had sent the preliminary sketches for our invites. I think I also mentioned that I LOVE them. They are so creative and cute AND informative.
Here are some of the highlights:

The cover - with a layout adapted from an old book cover, I believe. A sweet modification:
is the picture of a boat, since we're getting married over on the island and people will need to ferry over.

On the inside, Pip and I will have to decide what wording we want, etc., but I love the idea of having the map included since getting there is a little bit of an adventure. These maps are quite the little trend - I think it would be neat to point out things like where Centreville is, and where the nude beach (yes!) is if there's space.

For the RSVPs April and Tim had the genius idea of using a check-out card, since we're librarians. We'll have to figure out a way to make it work as a post-card since it would make it simpler AND cheaper. Some are available on etsy, but I'm gonna check out some library vendors too.


Cute, huh? Tim and April are just starting out in the invite biz, and April's also about to start arranging flowers as well - such a talented (and super nice) couple!

No comments: