Monday, April 13, 2009

some of my favorite bouquets...

Well... there have to be hiccups in wedding planning, and one of these unavoidable things hit us. Our lovely invitation designer/florist trainee is now gainfully employed and now unable to do the wedding flowers.

I could feel the crazy coming on when I got her sweet and sad email, but then I realised that it's just flowers for one party and it's not something to get bent out of shape over. So, a few phone calls later we've got a new florist - Poppies, on Queen west west. I've been in there a bazillion times and particularly admired their potted arrangements, so it's a happy ending. It's turning into a very Queen W W wedding - but I'm glad we've got Wanda's Pie in the Sky to throw some Kensington Market into the mix.
So while our first florist and I had crazy mind-meld with regards to flowers, now I pull together some inspiration images to bring to our meeting next Monday.

Hence, these lovelies from Brooklyn's Saipua. Their arrangements just SLAY ME.

1 comment:

Nadia said...

Love those flowers!!
Good for you for not freaking out!